Burning disk images to optical media in macOS Sierra
As part of some work I was doing today, I needed to burn an .iso file to a CD. As I have in the past, I opened Disk Utility and looked for the icon for burning a disc only to discover that this option stopped being available as of OS X El Capitan. It is likewise not available in macOS Sierra’s Disk Utility application.
To burn a disk image file to an optical disk on macOS Sierra, use the procedure described below:
1. Select the desired disk image and right-click to bring up the contextual menu.
2. Select Burn Disk Image “Disk Image Name Here” to Disc…
3. If needed, insert a blank optical disk when prompted.
4. If something other than the default settings are needed, click the drop arrow and set your desired burn options.
5. Once the drive is ready to begin burning the disk image to the optical disk, click the Burn button.
6. The disk image should now burn to the optical disk.