Accessing Sharepoint sites using Microsoft Office 2016
As part of rolling out Office 2016 for my shop, I noticed that Office 2011’s Microsoft Document Connection application was no longer included with Office. A number of folks in my shop had been using this application to access documents on our Sharepoint servers, so its absence meant I needed to learn how to access Sharepoint sites using Office 2016.
After some research and discussion with colleagues, I was able to figure out how to connect to Sharepoint from within Office 2016 applications. For more details, see below the jump.
You can add Sharepoint sites to Office 2016 applications, with access to the sites showing up inside the Open and Save dialog windows. Word 2016 will be used in this example.
1. In an Open window, click the + button.
Note: You may need to click the Online Locations button before getting access to the + button.
2. In the Add a Service window, click SharePoint
3. In the Add a SharePoint Site window, enter the address of the Sharepoint site you want to access into the URL blank:
4. Once the address has been filled in, click the Next button.
5. Enter your username and passphrase in the User name: and Password blanks.
6. Once entered, click the Sign In button.
7. The SharePoint site will appear and be available under the SharePoint section of Office 2016 applications’ Open or Save windows.