Hidden text editing options available in Casper’s script editor
I recently learned that there are hidden text editing options for the Casper JSS’s script editor. To access these options, do the following:
1. Log into your JSS
2. Go to Computer Management: Scripts
3. Bring up the script editor in your browser
4. Click inside the text entry area of the script editor
5. Press Command + comma (⌘ + ,)
6. The JAMF script editor’s text editing options will appear.
There are some issues to be aware of:
- Changes made are global and will affect all currently logged-in users
- The settings changes are not persistent across sessions. If you log out or are logged out, you will need to re-setup your settings.
Ideally, changes made to the text editing preferences would be:
A. Per-user instead of affecting all users
B. Persistent, so that changes to these settings would not be lost on logout.
There’s an existing feature request on JAMF Nation which requests these changes. If you agree that this would be beneficial, please vote it up.