Adding Unread mailbox to Mail.app in iOS 7
One thing that I want to access quickly is new emails that I haven’t read. Usually this means having to go into individual mailboxes or finding unread emails in a unified mailbox.
One of the new features in iOS 7‘s Mail.app that made me happy was that there was supposed to be a way to get an Unread mailbox, where all of the unread emails from my various inboxes was supposed to appear. Once read, they would then disappear from the Unread mailbox. This is exactly the behavior I wanted, but it took me some research to see how to set up this mailbox. For the details, see below the jump.
1. Launch Mail.app on your iOS device
2. Tap the Edit button in the top right corner to access the mailbox settings.
In my case, I also wanted to remove the All Inboxes and VIP mailboxes as part of the process, so I tapped next to those mailboxes to unselect them.
3. Tap next to Unread to select it.
4. Once finished, tap the Done button in the top right corner to exit the mailbox settings.
5. You should now have an Unread mailbox in your mailbox list.