Changing Keychain Minder’s displayed text using Xcode
I was recently asked about my organization’s Keychain Minder application, as I had altered the displayed text to better meet my organization’s needs.
For those who also want to do this for their own organization, see below the jump for the procedure I’ve used.
Latest version of Apple’s Xcode
Latest version of Keychain Minder
1. Open Xcode and then select your Keychain Minder application.
2. Once Keychain Minder is open, select Navigators: Show Project Navigator in the View menu.
3. Navigate to Keychain Minder.app: Contents: Resources: English.lproj: MainMenu.nib
4. Once in MainMenu.nib, select the text in the main window by clicking on it.
5. Once selected, you can edit the text to say whatever you want.
6. You can also change the buttons’ text and re-size the buttons to match the new text.
7. Once you’re happy with what the edited text says, go to File and Save… to save the changes.
8. To verify your changes have been made, lock your login keychain and launch Keychain Minder. Your changes should now be showing in the Keychain Minder window.