Updated daily server report scripts for 10.7.x and 10.8.x
I’ve made some updates to the daily server report scripts that I host on my GitHub repo, as I recently tested them on 10.7.x and 10.8.x Server. The existing 10.5.x – 10.6.x script runs fine as-is on 10.7.x Server, but I needed to make a few changes for 10.8.x Server.
I updated the following parts to support 10.8 Server:
Added /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin to the PATH export, as serveradmin has moved to /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/serveradmin
Changes to the UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS TO LOGIN VIA SSH section
In 10.8, /var/log/secure.log‘s functions have been moved to Apple System Log. The script is running
syslog -k Time ge -24h | grep 'sshd' to check ASL for SSH activity in the last 24 hours. The SSH activity is exported to /private/tmp/ssh-status.txt, then ssh-status.txt is scraped for SSH errors.
You can access the scripts here on my GitHub repo: